Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)As a former EMT-Basic, one of the things I have wanted to do is to replace the EMT manual that I lost years ago.
I was a bit put off by the first 2 review which were both negative. I downloaded the sample to my Kindle and then purchased the book.
Let me address the negative reviews first.
To answer the one that says the book recommends skipping questions which cannot be done since it is a computerized test now.. - The author states that the test will be computerized as of 2005 and has another set of recommendations for the computerized version. In short, the reviewer only read a small sample and did not get to the second part of the subject. The author put a lot of effort into trying to put the test taker at ease about the test. (Too much I think)
The one who said the book would make decent firewood replacement possibly was suffering from ------ as I cannot imagine why they would say such a thing unless they thought the book was about EMT (Elemental Metal Tracing) or something unrelated to training for the 110 hour Emergency Medical Technician basic course.
The review:
Great book. Glad I found it on the Kindle for only $9.95.
Of course the only reason someone would want this book is to review the material like I am doing because if you are taking the EMT course, you are going to have a book. If you are preparing to take the course, then find out what book they are going to use and get THAT book.
If you are NOT planning on taking the course but want to "Play Doctor" or otherwise learn something on your own then this would be a good book, but the Kindle version does not have many pictures and that may be important to you.
You could use this book as a first aid primer, but let me point out that reading an ambulance attendant book does not an ambulance attendant make. Or in other words, after reading this book you are not a paramedic and should not go around looking for people to practice on. You should simply do what any reasonable lay person would do when confronted with the need to administer basic first aid while waiting for the real ambulance.
In order to be an EMT you must actually take the training course and be licensed by your state or county. Cross the line and you could be arrested for practicing medicine without a license. When I was Licensed as an EMT I would stop at accident scenes even driving past roadblocks to help and never got in trouble because I was licensed to put hands on people strange to me and even then simply stopped the bleeding and gave comfort while waiting for the real (on duty) paramedics. Well, There were 2 times that I had to jump in and take charge but you get the point.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Kaplan EMT-Basic Exam
EMT-Basic Exam comes complete with a full-length practice test and comprehensive coverage of the material on the exam written by an experienced EMS director and teacher of EMT-Basic candidates. You'll review all the topics tested on the written exam, test yourself with hundreds of practice questions, and reinforce information learned with detailed answer explanations. Plus, you'll get Kaplan's exclusive test-taking strategies to give you the edge on this critical test.
0 comments:
Post a Comment