Only 10 Seconds to Care: Help and Hope for Busy Clinicians Review

Only 10 Seconds to Care: Help and Hope for Busy Clinicians
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
I consider myself a savvy consumer of healthcare, yet I learned so much from this book on doctor-patient relationships. I wasn't sure what to expect when someone recommended it to me, since the subtitle says "Help and Hope for Busy Clinicians." I hoped for insight into my doctors and nurses. The last thing I expected when I picked up this book was to be entertained or to learn about myself.
Dr. Harpham's stories pulled me right in, some paragraphs making me laugh and others leaving me with a lump in my throat. I couldn't put down this book until I was done. She talked about common, everyday situations. Anyone who has ever been a patient can relate to most, if not all, the scenarios, and learn something useful from Harpham's insights and advice. I especially found meaning in her story about "Patient Patients" in which she told about how hard it is to wait for the results of a biopsy or other test when a patient fears the results will show relapse or diagnosis of cancer (or other). It reminded me of a similar experience I once had and gave me greater insight into coping and communication skills.
By the time I read the epilogue, this book completely changed how I view healthcare professionals. I now know many ways to get better medical care. Unexpectedly, and perhaps most importantly, I learned a lot about me as a patient that will help me become a more effective patient from now on.
I am giving this book to my primary care physician - not because I think he needs it, but with hope that he will share it with the younger physicians in his internal medicine practice. I am giving copies to my family and friends, too. I can't think of a better gift than one that helps them get good care.


Click Here to see more reviews about: Only 10 Seconds to Care: Help and Hope for Busy Clinicians

Compassion is the key to good medical care, but today's practitioners are so busy they often feel they don't have the time to give patients the best clinical care and the compassionate attention they deserve. This book delivers the help healthcare professionals need. Through engaging and inspiring stories, Dr. Harpham, internist and survivor of chronic cancer, helps readers think and talk about everyday problems in patient care. She encourages readers to engage the healing power of compassionate words and actions that take only seconds to say or do, but which can make a world of difference for patients. Only Ten Seconds to Care will help clinicians at all levels bring compassion and joy back to patient care!

Buy NowGet 10% OFF

Click here for more information about Only 10 Seconds to Care: Help and Hope for Busy Clinicians

0 comments:

Post a Comment