A Deeper Shade of Blue: A Woman's Guide to Recognizing and Treating Depression in Her Childbearing Years Review

A Deeper Shade of Blue: A Woman's Guide to Recognizing and Treating Depression in Her Childbearing Years
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
Ruta Nonacs offers a wonderful guide to the sometimes rocky road to becoming a mother. Her book is a practical guide to navigating the emotional ups and downs of infertility, miscarriage, pregnancy, and postpartum.
No one tells you how hard it can be -- I'm a naturally cheerful person who was laid low by an entirely unexpected depression after my first child was born. No one who knew me predicted this. And I was very slow to get help. I wish this book had been available then.
Luckily, I live in Boston and found Dr. Nonacs, who worked with me to get through the blues -- she is an incredibily empathetic care giver. She's also a terrific writer. And she has little kids herself, so she can bring a wide perspective to her work --- as a doctor, a shrink, and a mom.
If you or a woman you care about is suffering with depression, moodiness, a difficult transition to motherhood, or postpartum stress, buy this book. You can read it straight through, or dip into the sections that best apply to your situation. There's also an extensive bibliography/resource section in the back.
I can heartily recommend this book for all new mothers. Her advice on taking care of yourself when you most need to applies to all mothers, not just those with an extra dose of the blues.

Click Here to see more reviews about: A Deeper Shade of Blue: A Woman's Guide to Recognizing and Treating Depression in Her Childbearing Years



Buy Now

Click here for more information about A Deeper Shade of Blue: A Woman's Guide to Recognizing and Treating Depression in Her Childbearing Years

0 comments:

Post a Comment