Preparing for the Occupational Therapy National Board Exam: 45 Days and Counting Review

Preparing for the Occupational Therapy National Board Exam: 45 Days and Counting
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
I purchased this book to assist with guiding my preparation to write the NBCOT exam. As a foreign (Canadian) trained OT, I felt that using a review book would help fill in some of the gaps that may have been present as a result of not being educated from within the American healthcare system.
The book is divided into chapters, with each chapter representing a different practice area. Each chapter contains a summary of important information, as well as worksheets to fill out or case study questions to guide your studying. I found this outline structure helpful in allowing me to gloss over what I already knew, while focusing in more specifically on areas I knew were deficits. It also provided references to where the information could be found in common, up to date textbooks. Suggestions are given as to the amount of time to spend on each topic - generally 1 to 2 days per chapter. Some chapters required more study, while others required less.
The book also comes with a CD of practice multiple-choice questions, which can be structured as mini-exams in almost any way you want - subject matter, domain area, or just a general test. While I only made limited use of the exam CD, I did find it helpful in determining my ability to recall information when it was being presented back to me.
All in all, I would say the book does what it claims to do - helps to structure the study process for the exam. The authors provide tips and suggestions on how to approach exam preparation, as well as content summaries for the major practice areas. If you are looking for a book that will give you all of the information you'll need, this is not it. But, if you're looking for a resource to help guide you in figuring out what to know, this may do the trick for you... it worked for me!

Click Here to see more reviews about: Preparing for the Occupational Therapy National Board Exam: 45 Days and Counting



Buy NowGet 22% OFF

Click here for more information about Preparing for the Occupational Therapy National Board Exam: 45 Days and Counting

0 comments:

Post a Comment